Sunday, December 21, 2008

Here Comes Santa....


Every year I take my kids to see Santa Clause at my dads HS band Christmas Concert. This has been a tradition since Dylan was born and I have always attended this concert since I can remember. I actually even played the clarinet in these concerts for three years during my HS years. The band did great as usual and during the last song Santa comes in and takes the baton from my dad who is conducting and directs the rest of the song. Logan was so excited that his Grandpa knew Santa so well. Anyway it is kind of sad to think that only two of my kids still believe in this part of Christmas. Dylan and Hayden haven't wanted to go see Santa for a quite a few years now. I heard Jada ask Santa for some DS games and Logan asked for a Ben 10 watch and a yellow bike. (Yellow bike still MIA but Logan says that Santa can make a bike any color he wants to). Also Logan sincerely believes that a Ben 10 watch will turn him into an alien. I love this age!! Also Logan told me the other day when he was mad at me for something that Santa is watching me right now and that he wont bring me anything if I don't give him everything he wants. I may have used the Santa card too many times this year.
Check out this site for some really funny pictures of kids who are scared 2 death of Santa. I wish I had one of these pics with my kids but none of them have ever freaked out while sitting on Santa's lap. They have been shy but not afraid as far as I remember. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/holiday/sfl-scaredofsanta-ugc,0,7181908.ugcphotogallery

3 comments:

Liz said...

Those are some cute pictures. Did you finish your christmas shopping this weekend?

That site is funny.

Jessica said...

Love it! It's sad when kids loose belief in Santa. Your blog is so freaking adorable and festive!
I hope your Christmas is grand and the kids enjoy it too!
Merry Christmas Kami!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

It is sad when they quit believing. Cole said he only figured it out this past summer. Last year they all still believed.
Merry Christmas!!

p.s. I love your hair.