Thursday, July 31, 2008

Idaho

The kids and I went to Idaho this last weekend for a visit. I think this was my first time there since my Grandpa past away and it was really sad when I would think of that and how he wasn't around anymore. My Grandpa was one of the best men I have ever know. I will have to post more of him later.
My Grandma Stockham and me at the family picnic. Not the best picture in the world as it is one of those that I held my arms out and took myself but I still think my Grandmas is beautiful! Grandma just turned 80 years old this summer and was still up wanting to make everyone breakfast in the mornings and out trying to take care of her chickens, garden and flowers. You just have to forget any kind of diet you are on at her house. Her yummy breakfast include, fresh from the farm, thick cut fried bacon, fresh eggs (some that my kids picked from the chicken coop) and her homemade bread and jam. To die for delicious. My dad always says that he knew he wanted to marry my mom after spending a weekend at her parents home and experiencing my Grandma's cooking. It may be true! My Grandma seriously is the most caring person ever. She always finds the best in everyone. I love her so much! My kids adore her too.

Ava, Chanel, Brooklynn, Jada
Isn't Ava beautiful? I love how she is looking up at the older girls. Ava is my cousin Michell's daughter. We have always been really close. Similar to how Brooklyyn and Jada are now. Michelle has always been one of my best friends! Chanel is my cousin Chis and Bernadette's daughter. Jada and her were inseparable during this trip. And of course Brooklynn is Kari's daughter and Jada just loves her and looks up to her.
Chloe, me, Logan and Jada
Chris and Bernadette were so good to us during our trip. We found out the first night at my Grandma's house that Logan is allergic to cats. His eyes swelled up so big. Bernadette is so fun and sweet. She invited us to her home. We stayed their the first night and then at their river home the second night. Chloe is Chris and Bernadette's second daughter and she became my best little friend. She was sooooo cute. She kept asking to come to my house and was crying when I left. I really would have taken her home except for the fact that her parents would miss her like crazy. Logan loved playing with her. This is a picture of us on the dock next to the snake river.

Chloe, me and Logan on Chris and Bern's boat


I love this picture of Hayden checking out Logan's foot. I guess he stepped on something in the boat. We all had so much fun! I'll post a few more pictures later. I know you are excited...

It was so much fun spending time with my Grandma, Aunts and cousins. My kids love playing with their second cousins and three of them were crying when it was time to go home because they just wanted to stay a little longer. I honestly remember doing the same thing when I would go visit my Grandparents home as a child with my parents. The farm life was like Disneyland and now is the same for my kids.

1 comment:

Angie said...

How FUN!!! I love that you were all on the farm! Looks like you all had alot of fun!