Monday, August 11, 2008

Bear Lake

The fake cosmetologist (me) and the real one (Angie). It was fun pretending to know what I was doing as I was putting in extensions.

Me, Mindy and Angie at Mindy's booth.

Is that Cancun behind us? No really though it was so pretty!

Breath taking view of the lake

Wow, what a trip! I feel like a "changed woman" because I actually had a weekend with just me and my friends. (No husband or kids). I have not had a vacation like this in years and years and years. I went to Bear Lake for Raspberry Days. One of my best friends Mindy and her husband Shane invited me and my best friend Angie along. Mindy and Shane own the cutest children's store ever called Curdz N Whey and they had a booth at Raspberry Days. Angie and I decided to do colored hair extensions to make a little bit of money. We had so much fun! Mindy and Shane were the best and invited us up to their property to eat dinner with them and enjoy the beautiful view of the lake. Angie and I slept in the back of her Tahoe and stayed up laughing and talking almost all night like 13 year old girls, seriously. But I have not had such a fun night in a long time. We were also able to spend some time with Angie's sweet sister Mindy and her family. They were so much fun too. Then on Saturday morning Angie knocked herself out with the Tahoe back door. It was kind of scary and a little funny (sorry Anj) She had blood all over her hair and face and all she was worried about was the fact that the blood may get on my shirt she had borrowed of mine to wear. K, that was the least of my worries but she was so cute to think of it. So she had quite the cut on the top of her hair and was a little loopy and was hearing frogs and stuff, hehe. So she went off to the Instacare and did end up having a slight concussion. Even though the extensions were a hit we still didn't make very much money but we had a lot of fun just hanging out at the booth with our friends. Saturday night we first went with Mindy and Shane to get shakes. And then having a yummy dinner of fries, bacon burgers and a shake (Super Healthy) was the beginning of another fantastic night watching the fire works by the lake while listening to some amazing music until a tsunami picked up (OK, it was just a really bad wind storm but it seemed bad). I'll never forget the memories of Mindy's secret, The Red JumpsuiteApparatus, Ed Hardy, and Eagle Eye. It was just a nice break to spend being myself and not just being a mom. And I truly think that this is not such a bad idea every now and then. Also I was so excited to see my family when I returned home. My kids are my life but I still like to be just me every now and then.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Love It!! Especially the tsunami. I had sooo much fun, and it was so good to just hang with you gals. I cannot believe how hard we laughed that first night. Saturday was kinda lame after I got knocked out, but thanks for still drvinig me to see the fireworks on the beach! Your a cheap date! hehe Love you Girl!

Mindy said...

It was so much fun to see you and Angie up there. Bear Lake is my escape form the world...I love it too. I'm glad you gad a good time.

Mallory Miller said...

Sounds like fun! Sorry I haven't seen you forever to tell you that we are moving. We got a bigger appartment in PG. It's really nice and we are super excited! We move on the 28th if I am still alive by then! (just a little sick- no worries) Hopefully we'll see you soon! And you are not a terrible Aunt, just a busy one!

Tui said...

Is that Cancun? :)
jt

Jessica said...

I'm jealous... girls trips are so fun! It looks like you had a blast and couldn't have picked a better place to go. Tell Angie I hope her head feels better soon, that story made me laugh even though at the moment I'm sure it was very painful. Cute pictures!