Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom


I forgot my camera and so I took these from my phone. Not the best quality in the world. Anyway, my whole family got together last week for my mom's birthday. Her birthday is always right in the middle of my dad's busiest time of year, Marching Band Season, so she often gets her birthday put off a little. I always feel bad because she does so much for my dad, for all of us kids and for all of her grand kids. I hope she had a fun get-together though. One funny thing about my moms birthdays is that she usually buys 99% of her own presents and then my dad wraps them up and she opens them and acts surprised. Usually my dad will really surprise her with one or two presents. I guess this works for them.
Also on the night of her birthday party my parents invited my kids and I to go to California with them. So I guess we are off to Disneyland. The kids are ecstatic. It will be really good to get away and it was so nice of my parents to invite and offer to help out with the expense. This will kind of be a last vacation for them with Chade before he leaves on his mission. Happy Birthday Mom, I love you so much and am grateful for everything you have done and for everything you continue to do for me and my kids.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Looks like a fun party.

Have fun in Cali.

Jessica said...

You have an amazing mom! I hope she had a great birthday.

Have fun in California. I'm jealous it is so cold here...

Shelley said...

I love your mom!

Angie said...

Prety good for your phone camera. Your in Cali. now and I miss you sooo bad!! Love the bday pics!!