Friday, September 26, 2008

My Brothers Mission Call


His initial reaction

Chade and my kids. I know my kids look like scrounges and a little weird. :)

This is a short video of Chade opening his call. His girlfriend is on the left along with one of his best friends who will be in the MTC with him at the same time. My mom is right their too along with some nieces, nephews, Dusty, Tiffany, Mallory, my Dad and you can't really see the rest of us. If you watch this short video you may want to turn off my sometimes annoying music.
My little brother Chade received his mission call today. He is the youngest of the kids in my family. I am the oldest and was 13 when he was born. I remember how excited I was when he was born and I loved taking care of him. My kids absolutely love him and look up to him so much. I am so proud of him and excited for him. We all got together tonight to be with him as we watched him open his mission call. My other two brothers also went on missions too. Dusty went to Mexico and Lucas went to Brazil. Dusty mentioned as Chade was opening his call that it is the first of the calls received in our family with President Monson as the Prophet. President Hinkley was the prophet when Dusty and Lucas received their calls. Everyone in the family and some of Chades friends wrote down their guesses as far as where he will go. No one was close. He is going to Des Moines, Iowa and leaves on November 19th. He was very excited about it. I kept thinking that the next one in our family to go on a mission will be Dylan. I can't even imagine that time coming. Dylan is so strong and spiritual especially for a 12 year old. My little family is really having some major trials as some of you may know right now and last night when me and all four of my kids were all crying Dylan came and told us all that he was going to be in his room praying for a while. After he came out of his room our home was almost immediately peaceful and within five minutes one of my best friends Mindy and also my amazing relief society president Diane was at our home bringing us some groceries, service and comfort. Dylan is such an amazing son. Tonight as Chade opened his mission call it really made me think about how much sacrifice and strength a missionary and his family goes through. I know I will be so excited and proud if any of my kids choose to go on a mission but at this point I can't even imagine not seeing one of them for two years.


8 comments:

The Tolberts said...

Hey Kami,
I think you are such an amazing mom and have raised such great kids. You are so awesome and I admire you so much! I need to talk to you, so I will call you. Love ya Tenelle

Shelley said...

Kami- we love you so much! Please let us know what we can do for you. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Tell Chade congrats!

Jessica said...

Kami,

It was so good to see you yesterday. I was actually thinking about you the other day, so I was thankful to have a couple of minutes with you. You are indeed a wonderful mom and don't let anyone tell you different! I'm excited for your little brother, that will be awesome.
My little brother is in Raleigh, NC serving a mission. Its amazing what blessings you receive when a family member is serving.

Stay strong and you'll get through this challenge!

The Fairbanks said...

You are one of the strongest people I know. Keep your chin up and know that you have an army of friends and family surrounding you and willing to help. You are in my prayers and in my thoughts.

Misty Anderson said...

That is so neat! I am sorry you are going through hard times. If you need anything give me a call!
Love ya

Veena said...

Kami, I'm glad you found me. I just want you to know that I think you have great kids. We were really impressed with Dylan and the talk he gave a little while ago in church. You are a good mom and a very strong person.

Jessica said...

Hey Kami,
That is great your brother is going on a mission, it is crazy to think that Dylan will be old enough soon. He is the sweetest boy and has a heart of gold. He will be one amazing missionary.
It was really fun talking to you the other day. I hope things are getting better. I really would love to help in any way. Let's get together and do something SOON!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

That is so exciting that your brother is going on a mission! I am the oldest in my family too and I was 14 when my little brother was born. Unfortunately, he ended up not going on a mission.